- Java applets about physics: HarFe-Soft
to start with …
- DESY’s KworkQuark (popular scienticic portal about particle physics)
- book “Principles of Quantum Mechanics” by R. Shankar
- read more about the LHC at CERN, the world’s largest and most powerful particle accelerator.
- particle physics booklet 2019 of the Particle Data Group for download.
some questions I myself find fascinating:
- As the Higgs Boson interacts with itself (it couples to mass), which force belongs to this exchange interaction of the Higgs Boson (discovery and Nobel price 2013)?
- The Graviton has not been found yet nor is there a candidate for a TOE (Theory of everything). But does gravity necessarily have to be an exchange interaction? Or could it be an entropic force and does the Graviton maybe not even exist? → Read more about the theorist Eric Verlinde and his theory about Entropic Gravity.